Thursday, January 17, 2008

Daily Illini and Kevin Spitz Free Throw Contest

I stumbled across an article in the Daily Illini by writer Kevin Spitz and thought I would share the story with Illini fans. I would definitely enter this contest if I lived closer to campus. Kevin is taking emails for people who can shoot 10 free throws better than the Illini, and will select one contestent each week. If you can shoot better than the Illini weekly team average, you win $10 from Kevin (college kids can't afford much unless their newspaper supports the contest). This contest is bound to produce a few winners now and then.

I had a similar contest last year with a co-worker who did not think I could beat him in free throws. I claimed I would hit 70% of my free throws, so we headed over to our local gym. I ended up winning the contest but missing my target percentage after shooting 100 free throws each. The final score was 68 to 58, and a rematch will be scheduled sometime this year, and I am determined to shoot over 10% next time.

No comments: