Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bruce Weber Recognizes Sites that cover Illinois Basketball

Bruce Weber is now helping with the marketing of my blog, by mentioning he is aware of websites that cover Illinois Basketball. I know, there's lots of blogs and message boards that cover Illini hoops. My favorite board is Illinois Loyalty, and I sometimes enjoy posting there. But I'm thinking Bruce must have someone reading my site, since we are one of the few blogs that focus entirely on Illini basketball. Here's some quotes from the article, and a link, of course.

“We have a very passionate fan base, and I know that they are active on a lot of the sites that cover Illinois basketball,” Weber said. “I tell our players not to pay attention to them. But we do have people that monitor those sites. And the reason we do is because there is a lot of misinformation out there.

“So when wild rumors and other misinformation show up on those sites, we are reacting to that and trying to get the correct information out. The good thing is it shows there’s a lot of interest in our program. I’d rather have fans that maybe care too much than fans that don’t care.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder who he has monitor your site?

Scot

Ron said...

Could be JH, JK, the SID, an intern, maybe CF just to get him fired up for games. If Bruce is really bored this summer, maybe he reads it himself!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bruce is unhappy with the "misinformation" that he has not brought one talented recruit in five years to Champaign.