Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fighting Illini Roster 2007-2008 Season

Well, right now I think this season is about over, at least from a NCAA standpoint. I see a lot of people speculating that next year might be better. Probably possible, but more likely 2008-2009 or later seasons are what we await. For purposes of discussion, I will lay out the possible players for the Illini next season, by position:

Point Guard
Frazier
Meacham (WO)
McCamey

Shooting Guard
Smith
Brock
Watkins
Wise (WO)
Hicks (WO)

Forward
Randle
Semrau
Cole (RS)
Holdren (WO)
Jackson

Center
Pruitt
Carlwell
Tisdale (RS)

I have Cole and Tisdale projected as redshirts due to their weights. I included walk-ons, since Meacham is a significant player this year. By my count, we could still pick up one more player for the 2007 class, unless Weber wants to save a scholarship for Meacham or the 2008 class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt both Tisdale and Cole will redshirt. If you think Cole is skinny, you are mistaken. Both are Weber (Purdue) type recruits. Smart and role players. As such they will fit in Weber's motion offense.

Weber has decided to do things right. That means giving up on top 50 players with their hands out. Accept it and move on.

Scott

Ron said...

Rivals lists Cole at 200 pounds, so I guess that's enough weight to plan to see him play next season. I do think Cole is highly skilled, so I will amend my comment about him redshirting next year. Let's call him a power forward and assume Tisdale will redshirt.