Friday, January 26, 2007

Maui Invitational (More information) and Purdue

So I have a little more information about the Maui Invitational now. The package from Oahu Travel looks expensive, but it seems like the only way to go. I checked with the U of I and the ticket allotment will be minimal, and mainly for coaches and players. So it looks like I will need to try to buy a package to make sure I can get tickets. I need to decide by Thursday of next week.

With the Purdue game tomorrow, we have another chance for a much-needed road win. I have been characterizing the Illini several times as "offensively challenged." Well, an excellent chart presented by Big Ten Wonk confirms my gut feeling on the Illini. Chart While the Illini play better than average defense, their offensive game is weak. Purdue, on the other hand, is weak on defense and their offense is average. Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State are strong on both ends of the court (sounds right). Northwestern is weak both ways, Minnesota is weakest on offense, and Penn State is weakest on defense. I guess we can look forward to the Penn State game!

The Purdue game is on TV tomorrow at 1:30pm Central time on ESPN+ Regional. I will be watching.

No comments: